Thanks to all of you who attended this event! To view the slides from our presentation, click the button below.
Let’s Talk about Tennessee’s Budget
Decisions Tennessee’s governor and state legislature make about the state budget affect every Tennessean. Join The Sycamore Institute’s staff for a Brown Bag ” Lunch & Learn” on Nov. 7 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Central to find out how those decisions get made!
- Attendees will learn about the entire budget process — what happens, when it happens, who does it, and why.
- You’ll also learn how to read budget documents, how Tennessee generates revenue, what the state pays for, and how to find information about programs and services of interest.
This Brown Bag “Lunch & Learn” will begin promptly at 11:30 a.m. in the Vince Gill Room at Belmont University’s Curb Event Center. Food will not be provided, but you are welcome to bring your lunch. [Note: The event will no longer be held at our office. We changed the location to the Curb Event Center to accommodate higher-than-expected demand.]
Space Is Limited. Reserve Your Seat Today!
To get the most of out this event, we encourage attendees to review The Sycamore Institute’s Tennessee State Budget Primer ahead of time.
What time should I arrive?
We will begin promptly at 11:30 a.m. Please arrive earlier to allow time for parking and check-in.
Where is Curb Event Center?
Curb Event Center is located at 2002 Belmont Boulevard at the corner of Belmont Boulevard and Bernard Avenue.
Where can I park?
Parking is available at Curb Garage next to Curb Event Center. Enter the garage from Bernard Avenue between Belmont Boulevard and 15th Avenue South.
How do I find the Vince Gill Room?
The Vince Gill Room is located on the west end of the concourse level inside Curb Event Center. If you park in the Curb Garage:
- Once inside the garage, take the West Elevator to the 3rd floor
- Turn left out of the elevator and enter the Curb Event Center through the glass rotunda.
- Walk through the Maddox Grand Atrium and take the last set of glass doors on your left to enter the Arena.
- Turn right and walk around the concourse to the Vince Gill Room.
- If you get lost, call us at 615-680-0047.
Are you serving lunch?
Food will not be provided, but you are welcome to bring your lunch with you. Dining options inside Curb Event Center include McAllister’s Deli, Chick-fil-a, and Mein Bowl.